We're on a mission to make legal services more affordable & accessible, while helping lawyers do more of the work they love.
In 2022, we launched Spellbook, the first generative AI copilot for lawyers, taking the legal industry by storm
. Spellbook helps lawyers quickly draft language, flag risks, and derive insights from legal docs. We've been scaling to keep up with demand ever since and have just closed a major round of financing.
We’re excited to bring highly motivated teammates onboard who are passionate about adding real customer value, getting their hands dirty, and sweating the small stuff.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to own the customer onboarding, retention, and expansion efforts across our product line. You will be expected to:
- Work directly with our CXO to develop the company’s Customer Success programs
- Build and lead a world-class team
- Drive operational practices to track the performance of teams and individuals
- Develop strategies and implement processes to continually improve the overall client experience
- Assist in designing systems and workflows for servicing customer requests
- Work with the team to execute and oversee:
- Onboarding: Ensure every new customer is quickly and efficiently educated and launched with Spellbook’s offerings to ensure long-term success.
- Account Management: Manage each customer to share best practices; ensure they stay focused and on track to meeting their goals; stay alert to issues and concerns and ensure they are proactively addressed.
- Support: Resolve all customer problems quickly and efficiently before such problems escalate so that clients can focus on leveraging our products to the best effect; Seek opportunities to provide differentiated levels of support to meet differing customer needs. Implement best practices including KPIs for the function
- Monitor and drive key engagement and retention metrics
- Document new features in our knowledge-base
- Research and propose solutions to reduce churn
- Identify and pursue upsell opportunities
- Collect customer insights and share them with the product team to drive the scoping and development of new functionality
- Devise ways to efficiently scale the Customer Success team as the company grows so that when the company has 10x the number of customers it does not require 10x the resources to support, retain, and expand our accounts.
What We Look For:
- Experience in Customer Success, Account Management, or similar client-facing roles, preferably in a B2B SaaS company
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and professionally
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proofread and edit written content for accuracy, grammar, and style. Experience with technical or legal writing is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and use it to make informed decisions and drive results
- Experience with CRM software and project management tools
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate the team to achieve their goals
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Obsession with delivering exceptional customer experience and exceeding customer expectations
Nice to Haves
- At least 5 years of experience building teams and owning Customer Success functions in a related field
- Experience with legal or AI technology
- Own a piece of the pie; as a crucial early hire you will be granted significant stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Participation in health and dental benefits plan with 100% premium coverage by Spellbook
- Autonomy and responsibility; we measure ourselves on results and let you determine how you get the job done
- Flexible work environment; join us in the heart of downtown Toronto at our Yonge & Dundas office, in downtown St. John's, Newfoundland, or wherever you feel you get your best work done
- Endless career growth potential; Spellbook is an early-stage company which means you'll have influence and leadership opportunities from day one
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying