We're on a mission to make legal services more affordable & accessible while helping lawyers do more of the work they love.
In 2022, we launched Spellbook, the first generative AI copilot for lawyers, taking the legal industry by storm. Spellbook helps lawyers quickly draft language, flag risks, and derive insights from legal docs. We've been scaling to keep up with demand ever since and have recently closed a major round of financing.
We’re excited to bring highly motivated teammates on board who are passionate about adding real customer value, getting their hands dirty, and sweating the small stuff.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Internal Recruiter to join our rapidly growing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for connecting talented individuals with exciting opportunities, contributing to our mission of making legal services more accessible. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our company by identifying and attracting top talent to join our ambitious organization.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the recruitment process from start to finish, including researching salary trends, determining employee wages, establishing qualification criteria, posting job descriptions, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and negotiating offers
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates
- Advertise job openings on careers pages, job boards and social networks (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Source candidates through online channels (e.g. professional networks and portfolio sites)
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand the needs of each role and ensure a smooth recruitment process
- Build and maintain relationships with potential candidates to create a robust talent pipeline
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
- Analyze turnover and retention rates to forecast hiring needs
- Develop and review recruitment policies to ensure our hiring processes remain compliant with company regulations and labor laws
What We Look For
- Proven experience as a Recruiter, either in-house or within an agency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to manage time effectively
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with legal or AI technology
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Own a piece of the pie; as a crucial early hire you will be granted generous stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Autonomy and responsibility; we measure ourselves on results and let you determine how you get the job done
- Flexible work environment; join us in the heart of downtown Toronto at our Yonge & Dundas office, the award-winning Genesis Centre in St. John's, Newfoundland, or wherever you feel you get your best work done
- Endless career growth potential; Spellbook is an early-stage company which means you'll have influence and leadership opportunities from day one
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying