We're on a mission to make legal services more affordable & accessible, while helping lawyers do more of the work they love.
In 2022, we launched Spellbook, the first generative AI copilot for lawyers, taking the legal industry by storm
. Spellbook helps lawyers quickly draft language, flag risks, and derive insights from legal docs. We've been scaling to keep up with demand ever since and have just closed a major round of financing. We just launched Spellbook Reviews
which is having an incredible impact on the workflows of lawyers.
We’re looking for builders, hackers and designers who are motivated to create something truly exceptional.
You will build both customer facing features and maintain internal infrastructure.
- Build new features from end-to-end with a focus on a great user experience
- Rapidly prototype new large language model driven features
- Fix bugs and maintain codebase
- Understand customer needs and problems
- Contribute to development platform and pipelines, allowing us to move fast and NOT break things
- Propose and implement new experiments which could make the Spellbook experience even better
- Be a key contributor to the company's product management strategy
- Help guide the overall product strategy based on user feedback
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
This Might Be for You If...
- You are comfortable working anywhere in the stack from containers and databases to HTML/CSS and CDN
- You enjoy learning new technologies and using the right one for the task at hand
- You thrive in an unstructured environment and have the ability to distill the abstract and unknown into actionable steps forward
- You appreciate a flexible work environment and don't need a boss hanging over your shoulder to get the job done
- You are a strong communicator and can function effectively within a distributed team
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development (Co-ops and internships count)
- Excellent communication skills
- Bonus: You are familiar with one or more of the technologies in our current stack of OpenAI, Other LLMs, ReactJS, Node, Mongo, GraphQL, Docker, AWS, K8s, Express
- Own a piece of the pie; as a crucial early hire you will be granted generous stock options
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Autonomy and responsibility; we measure ourselves on results and let you determine how you get the job done
- Flexible work environment; join us in the heart of downtown Toronto at our Yonge & Dundas office, the award-winning Genesis Centre in St. John's, Newfoundland, or wherever you feel you get your best work done
- Endless career growth potential; Spellbook is an early-stage company which means you'll have influence and leadership opportunities from day one
Spellbook is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying